Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tuguegarao: Pansit Batil Patong


Pancit Habhab of Quezon Province is my all time favorite pancit. Now enters a new love - pancit batil patong. Where have you been all my life? Nasa Tuguegarao ka lang pala. Ang lapit mo :D
Pansiteryas in Tuguegarao are literally everywhere. Para lang silang silang Jollibee, kahit saan ka lumingon, meron.

I was able to taste batil patong in two different pansiteryas - KobyKubo and J-Rens. Now let's see KobyKubo first which is just a few steps away from the Victory Liner Terminal. The place is neat and the ambiance is relaxing.
KobyKubo

inside KobysKobo

lovely kubos for comfortable dining experience

Kay ordering at the counter

Well...not the pancit batil patong I expected. From my expectation, it kind of fell short. Not because it was served in a little amount but because I was expecting it with rich ingredients. Elbert and Randy who were able to eat batil patong on several occasions during their earlier Tuguegarao trip were also surprised when it was served on our table.

KobyKubos special pancit batil patong at Php60.00 per serving

Please don't get me wrong. Kobys patil patong wasn't bad at all. I just expected too much I guess. I read from the internet that it's usually served with side sauce and condiments. I was looking for it and I didn't get any.



Jay-Ren's Panciteria

Lunch time from our Palaui trip. I wasn't hungry that much. But I pledged to taste a sumptuous batil patol in town. One last chance. Now or never. We will be going back to Manila at night. And then we remembered Doctor Paras' advice, the friendly optalmologist we met in Sta. Ana, Cagayan. He said if we wanted the best batil patong in Tuguegarao, ask a tricycle driver. So we did.

J-Ren's Panciteri is just 5-10  minutes away from Victory Liner Terminal

The place was loaded with customers. Wow! And then we found a vacant bahay kubo inside. Perfect. Then came the serving. Awesome!

J-Ren's pancit bating patong. This is what I wanted! Huge serving at Php80.00.

if you don't want your pancit dry, pour some of these

condiments for batil patong

I love J-Ren's pancit batil patong.

certified fan (he-he)

J-Ren's also serves other local dishes such as dinakdakan and lutong bahay. We ordered bulalo as it looked really delicious. True enough. It was really tasty and I found no MSG in it. It's a must try in Tuguegarao.I wonder why bulalohan is famous in Tuguegarao? Hmm.

The ginormous serving of bulalo.

rice for the 5 of us

See below pancit batil patong prices. We ordered the mega special. The difference I think is the crispy pork on top. The bulalo costs roughly Php220.00 per (big) bowl.

Mega special - Php80.00
Special - Php70.00
Regular - Php70.00


No comments:

Post a Comment