Pages

Saturday, August 03, 2013

I Left my Heart in Boracay


Boracay Island

Last year was my 5th time in Boracay and I am telling you, I will never hesitate to pay a visit for the 6th...7th...8th...Boracay is my comfort beach escape miles and miles away from Manila. It's my favorite beach ever :D

Why Boracay?
Boracay 2009 with lovely friends

Boracay stretch 

I've been to various awesome beaches in the Philippines but I always find myself comfortably going back to Boracay. The beach fascinates me big time. Getting there is a breeze. Almost everything you need in a beach holiday is practically available. Boracay is da thang! :D


Rainy season in Boracay. Still astonishing.

Get tanned in Boracay tan. You'll never be sorry. I love my color after sun bathing! he-he

Resorts usually install windbreakers during rainy season

Boracay has  a powdery white and ultra fine sand, one of the finests in the world. The water is crystal clear with a hint of turquoise. Its nearly perfect. The beach is so inviting that you would want to spend the rest of the day under the sun until your flesh screams in golden tan fashion. 



What I like most in Boracay aside from its majestic beauty is that it accommodates all types of beach goers. There are budget friendly guesthouses offering descent cribs to stay in. Thus, luxury hotels are stationed along the stretch of the beach, meant to capture the fresh breath of mother nature. 

Boracay also offers handful of activities and things and stuffs to look forward to:

Bar hopping. Bars mostly found in Station 2. I am with Korean pals (chos!)

island hopping and snorkelling

parasailing (best...day...ever!!!)
Helmet Diving (freaky at first but it's exciting!)
beach bummig
shopping

fooood trip!!!

Food in Boracay is diverse. It caters to all types of taste buds. From seafood to meat, from raw to processed food. Name it, they have it there. 

Going to Boracay:

I always take the plane when going to Boracay:

1. Via Caticlan from Manila - Easiest and fastest way to get to Boracay Island. Plane directly lands at Caticlan Airport, then tricycle queue in front of the exit gate takes you to Caticlan Port. At the port, bancas await and then a tricycle take you to your accomodation.

2. Via Kalibo from Manila - At the Kalibo airport, various private vans and coasters await tourists at P200-P250 each. The 2-hour drive takes you to Caticlan port. Jetty ports await which takes u to the island. Ride a tricycle to take u to your hotel or accomodotion. 

I hope Boracay authorities take precautionary measures in maintaining its world-class prestige and beauty.  The issues in waste management and unending building of conrete establishments are my personal concerns. I hope it doesn't put Boracay in a bad light.  


Boracay sunset

Boracay is absolutely one of the country's absolute treasures. Until next visit! 


1 comment: