Pages

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Calaguas, Camarines Norte: Enchanting Beauty Worth a Thousand Miles



My colleagues were “pestering” me (pestering? ang mean! Ha-ha) to arrange a weekend getaway after a big function in the office. Since I’ve been very busy with various personal and office concerns, I opted to get the services of Biyahe Lokal which I’ve been wanting try out since it’s being managed by one of my favourite bloggers (and photography idol by the way), Biyaherong Barat (Jed Rosell).

The reason why I got the services of Biyahe Lokal for our Calaguas trip is that first, I trust the owner. Second, it’s the cheapest Calaguas overnight package (considering the inclusions provided) I’ve ever searched. Third, I just wanna have some fun ;p

My colleagues. Most of them are used to comfy accommodation. First time nila mag-tent :D

Our itinerary was very simple but the traveling time was kind of ordeal. The almost 10 hour land travel from Manila and another 2 hour boat ride exhausted my body. I guess it’s the summer heat that really made this trip quite uneasy to handle with. But I am telling you, all the sunburn and out-of-comfort-zone moments were all worth it! Calaguas, no doubt, is one of our country's precious gems!

All aboard at San Vicente port, Camarines Norte. We're roughly 30 people here. 

my ladies all smiles kahit na pagoda sa biyahe at majinit jackson (haha)


our boatmen to and from


stunning view during our 2 hour boat ride

Kiddos striking a pose. Don't you just love their innocent smiles?

This is actually my first time to avail the services of a tour organizer. Most of my trips are DIY (do it yourself) but Biyahe Lokal’s services were superb. I’d be willing to tap them again for our next travels especially if I will be accompanied with quite maselan friends :D Thumbs up!

island survivors :D 

Here's our itinerary:

Day 1
6am - ETA Camarines Norte
630am - Breakfast (on clients account)
730am - ETD Port to Calaguas Island
10am - ETA Calaguas Island
12noon - Lunch (℅ BIyahe Lokal)
1pm - Free Time / Swim / Explore the Island
7pm - Dinner (℅ Biyahe Lokal)
9pm - Socials

Day 2
7am – Breakfast (c/o Biyahe Lokal)
8am - Swim / Picture taking
9am - Break Camp 930am - ETD Calaguas Island
12pm - ETA Port 1230pm - Late Lunch (on clients account)
1pm - ETD Vinzons to Manila
11pm - Arrive at Manila


Inclusions:
- Land Transportation / Aircon Van 14 seater (Manila
- Camarines Norte / Camarines Norte - Manila)
- Boat Transfers (Port - Calaguas Island / Calaguas Island - POrt)
- 3 meals (2days and 1 night)
- 2pcs of 5 gallons Mineral Water with one cooler of ice
- Tent and Entrance Fees - Barangay Fees - Petromax (lamp)
- Guide/ Cook - Drivers Meal and Accommodation included
- Gas and Toll Fee included

Reminders:
- Kindly pack light for the whole trip. 1 Bag per person is advised
- Bring snacks.
- Bring Jacket/Small pillow and blanket and Powerbanks for your gadgets.
- Bring flashlights / Camera Flash will do.
- Bring personal medicines if necessary
- Alcohol is allowed -

Optional Tours will be done before going OR after the stay.
- Pick up and drop - off point will be at 1 location along EDSA

Calaguas. Check na check!

my ladies enjoying the sun and sand

We took a 20-minute trail to check out Calaguas from top.


Captivating view from top! 


Thank you Lord for the sunlight :)

Grass fire! Kinabahan ako dito.  

love and travel buddy (awww!)

buhay isla

white, very fine and creamy. totoo ang bali-balita. he-he


clear water of Calaguas

ugh! ang linaw talaga ng tubig!

our sumptuous breakfast courtesy of Biyahe Lokal

pusoy dos. life is a beach! 

stunning sunset...aaah...life!

Our overnight stay in Calaguas costs Php2,800 pesos per pax. We couldn't extend our trip since 90 percent of us are employed in one company :D Mawawalan kami ng trabaho pag nag-leave kami ng sabay-sabay (he-he). It would be nice though to extend up to 3 days for more optional activities like surfing in Bagasbas Beach.

Thank you Biyahe Lokal for the wonderful experience.

I have completely fallen in love with Calaguas. And I hope it will stay that way. I hope the authorities will continue protecting its raw beauty by implementing strict guidelines to those who will visit Calaguas Island.



Live. Laugh. Love
-Weekend Biyahera

2 comments:

  1. Hi, may I know what camera do you use for you travel photos? Thanks in advance =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have various cameras with me :) I have D40, D90, D7000 and Canon as well :)

    ReplyDelete