Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

SM Megamall: Tim Ho Wan


Tim Ho Wan opened its Manila franchise in SM Megamall sometime May of this year. My friends who visited the restaurant rave so much about it. My InstaGram account can attests to that ;p

So what's with the long and winding queue at Tim Ho Wan? I went to Megamall just recently to find out myself.

Stanchion installed outside Tim Ho Wan with this important advisory 

We went to Tim Ho Wan on a Wednesday noon. There were few people in front of us but queue  wasn't as long as I expected it to be. Probably because it's "patay na oras" as we call it. We waited around 10 minutes and we were assisted at the table vacated by a few young folks.

queue outside started to pile up

Upon entering, I saw one of its Chinese chefs having conversation with a customer. I understand that Tim Ho Wan tapped its HongKong chefs to ensure the fine quality of its food and service.

your order guide

here's how they take orders. nope, no counters or cashiers. check whatever you wish to order.  

Here's what we ordered for two:

Baked Bun with BBQ Pork at Php145.00. It's delicously sweet. I thought I could finished this three babies but it was surprisingly heavy in my stomach. I consumed 1 1/2 only ;p

Sumptuous and generous polk filling   

Congee at Php140.00. I love the thickness and consistency of this. You may want to add up condiments provided though. I want my congee quite salty (he-he)

Poached Fresh Seasonal Vegetable at Php90.00. I LOVE THIS VEGGIE! Serving's very generous!

Spinach Dumpling with Shrimp at Php120.00. 

Prawn Dumplings at Php160.00

Beef Ball with Beancurd Skin at Php120.0

Of all the dumplings we ordered, my favourite is Spinach Dumplings with Shrimp. Sarap!

Generally, I love the quality of food. It's indeed yummy and it's the best dumplings I've tasted so far. It's pretty cheap without compromising the quality of the food served.

But what I don't like about my whole Tim Ho Wan experience was the bustling crowd. The restaurant was overly populated that I couldn't barely establish a relationship with my dumplings. It's hard to appreciate food especially if you're consumed with busy atmosphere and all that.


Would I still go for a second chance? Yes. But Probably I'll wait 'till the craze expires :p

Munching budget starts at Php90.00.


Tim Ho Wan
Ground Floor, SM Mega Fashion Hall
SM Megamall, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila


Live. Love. Laugh.
-Weekend Biyahera


No comments:

Post a Comment