Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mogu Tree Noodle House

Hello, Mogu Tree House!

Rain was pouring hard when Elbert and I visited Mogu Tree House in Lilac St., SSS Village. This is the first day of our quest to try out commendable food hubs in my lupang sinilangang Marikina.

Rain... Noodles... mainit na sabaw ... beer... hell yeah! (Holla, Anthony Bourdain!) 

I wanted to taste every single topping!

And so we entered Mogu Tree House. Tadaaa! Awesome ingredients to my right there were! (-yoda mode-). Such a feast for the eyes. The ingredients are nicely arranged in a buffet set-up making it easier for the customers to choose which noodle and topping combo would be enjoyable to their palate. 

Our stomach suddenly got excited (We should be taking pictures first! Augh!). Noodle brawl! Lezzz...do... this!


Step 1. Pick a noodle of your choice. Elbert grabbed egg noodle.


Egg noodle (yellow), spinach noodle (green), flour noodle (white).
Best seller? egg noodle.

There are variety of colorful and mouth-watering toppings to choose from. And you'll surely get curious how each tastes.  I kept asking the staff which ones are best sellers. Makulit! ;p
 
Step 2: Pick your toppings!

My choices from left. Pretty lame :( 

After "marketing" noodle and toppings, you get to choose which soup base you wish to pour in your pot. Either plain or laksa.  Since I love spicy food, I chose laksa. Laksa is a coconut-based curry soup. I was able to taste an authentic one when I was in Malaysia. Spiciness alert was beyond 10! 

After a few minutes, there goes our huge and hot pot!

Soup base: Plain or Laksa. Presentation looks absolutely gorgeous.

Elbert's soup's very fluffy and generous. I like my laksa better though.

A consistent and rich laksa noodle choice of mine. The spiciness is just right.

We asked the staff to provide us little bowls to enjoy our noodles more. I instantly fell in love with sea urchin bun topping. Texture's very soft and the filling inside is delicious. I thought it tastes like egg yolk with a hint of sweetness.


hello there urchin bun!

Mogu also offers short orders, dimsums and beverages. We ordered hakaw and Tsing Tao beer. I must admit, this is the first time I get to drink Tsing Tao. It tastes like Red Horse! ;p


The combination of laksa noodles and Tsing Tao beer is insane. But you'll surely enjoy it in a bed weather! Masarap naman pala ang Tsing Tao :D

Hakaw. I wish it has more salt :)

Mogu Tree House is pretty small for a family or say a barkada treat. The dining area is two-storey of about 40-45 square meters. The place is intimate. No pipe in music, no disruption (a good place to read and blog! lol). Just you, your company and your savory noodle creation. 


It was such a good dining experience! And, I will definitely go back :) We will try spinach noodle next time! :)


How to get there:

Within Marikina
Take jeep or FX to SSS Village. Tell driver to take you to Lilac. You will pass by notable landmarks (e.g. new McDonals in Concepcion, Meralco, OLOPSS, Puregold - Bay 3,  Rainbow Street). Disembark at Lilac Street corner Panorama (CKI Services Enterprises). You'll pass by elementary public school on the other side. Mogu is just beside China Bank. 

From Masinag, Antipolo
Take Marikina bound jeep. Disembark at B. Soliven Subd. Take a tricycle to Lilac corner Rainbow.


View My Saved Places in a larger map

Mogu Tree Noodle House 
60-E Lilac St., Hacienda Heights, Marikina City 
738-6833 

Ooops! Here's our bill.





Small  noodle soup: P125.00
Large noodle soup: P150.00 ( we ordered large)

For small noodle soup order, you have two (2) free toppings.
For large order, three (3) free toppings

Additional topping costs: P35.00 each










5 comments:

  1. Punta tyu pag uwi nmin! Tulo laway daw nya sabi ni kuya mo......NOODLES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just ask which one of the two has 4 toppings and which one had only 1 topping? Your trays looked exactly like they had the same amount of toppings! Thanks! My friend and I are going to try this next week too!

    ReplyDelete