Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Dining at Cafe Lidia


Cafe Lidia is the most popular restaurant in the City of Marikina. It offers wide variety food choices - from appetizers to entrée to deserts and snacks - that satisfy dining pleasures :)

Cafe Lidia recently opened its 2nd floor to cater larger number of customers and curious foodies. It can now accommodate approximately 300 pax.

*All photos were taken through iPad and Iphone.
Seafood Marinara in spaghetti and fettuccine pasta Php170.00

Cafe Lidia is known for its sumptuous pasta dishes and pizzas. Seafood Marinara is one of my favorites. Aside from the fact that I love tomato base pastas, Cafe Lidia's version is such a feast. It's very rich, flavorful and the serving is pretty much generous for single serving. I love it and I recommend it.
Baked Lasagna - Php160.00; Baked Penne - Php150.00

Pasta Carbonara - Php160.00; House Special Pizza - Php240.00

For the non-tomoto base pasta, I recommend the carbonara. It's really creamy and it tastes awesome. 

House Special Pizza is one of the best sellers. It's a thin crust pizza with generous amount of ham, mushroom, red and green pepper and CHEESE! You'll love every single bite of it because it really tastes yummy. It's a gigantic pizza love!
Nachos - Php155.00; Fish and Chips-Php180.00

Nacho's okay. Quite bland and boring (Sorry folks. I think they need to improve this department). Alexei Cafe's (another Marikina food hub I Iove) nachos still rules number one for me.

Salisbury Streak - Php255.00; Roasted Chicken -Php210.00

Mushed potato of Cafe Lidia is amazingly delicious. Though I am quite unsure if they made it in-house, but yes, the mushed potato is a sure hit for me. It's really consistent, thick and it slides through my mouth. Thumbs up! 

Salisburry Steak is served with gravy and vegetable on the side. I am quite impressed with this dish because the meat is cooked beautifully. The mushroom gravy is seasoned well and in medium consistency (which I love). I actually finished this serving. L.O.V.E.D I.T!

Roasted Chicken is my 10 year old niece's favorite. Chicken is very tender and moist.
Grilled Pork Belly - Php210.00; Porterhouse - Php490.00

Grilled Pork Belly naturally tastes like barbeque but this one has a special kick. It is savory and the sauce on the side is yu-meh!. You'll crave for more rice (ha-ha). 

Porterhouse steak if I am not mistaken is the most expensive dish in Cafe Lidia (hope I'm right). Porterhouse is a large-cut grilled beef oozing in its own flavor. This dish is quite interesting and every bite of it tastes really good.
Rib-Eye Steak -Php345.00; Beef Tenderloin - Php365.00

Rib-Eye Steak and Beef Tenderloin were okay. We wanted it medium rare but they served it rare. The beef was perfectly seared outside but the pink meat (the rare part) was all over. I just wanted that rare part in the center (he-he-he). Obviously, I didn't enjoy these dishes. But it's worth a try.
Beef Salpicao - Php215.00; Buffalo Wings - Php170.00

Buffalo Wings is the best of the best sellers (he-he)! I love the spiciness and the white sauce compliments the dish. Beef Salpicao is a simple dish yet tastes delicious.

Ice Cream Php110.00

Cafe Lidia has various cakes and pastries in line. I haven't tasted one yet but I've tried the Kitkat Parfaits and strawberry ice cream with banana. Lovely!


How to get there: 

Commute

From Cubao, take a jeep or fx going to Montalban, Cogeo, Taytay, Binangonan or Angono. Tell the drive to drop you off at Ligaya. From Ligaya, take a jeep going to Marikina, Palengke. Tell the driver to drop you off at Cafe Lidia.

Private Vehicle

From Aurora Blvd., take Marcos Highway. Take a u-turn after Ligaya (you know when you're approaching Ligaya when you see LRT Santolan Station, Sogo and Jollibee). From Ligaya, just follow Marikina, Palengke jeepneys which lead to Cafe Lidia :)





Cafe Lidia

#64 Calderon Street, Calumpang, Marikina City
Tel. No.: (632) 6477606 

Opens:
Mondays to Saturdays: 10:00am- 11:30pm
Sundays: 3pm - 11:30pm 

They are also open for catering and events booking.

No comments:

Post a Comment