Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: BBQ Gangnam Style Korea


Wanna take a break from chicken rice and nasi lemak? Well, BBQ Gangnam Style Korean Barbeque is a great way to ease your "umay" factor.

My sister's family who's staying in Kuala Lumpur for quite a while discovered a Korean restaurant located at Low Yat Plaza, the electronic and gadget hub of the City. It was located at the corner of the ground floor making it quite unnoticeable.

Intimate setting


BBQ Gangnam Style set-up is intimate and simple. Tables and chairs are made up of wood and pretty much comfortable to sit on. The waitress/cashier was friendly and she did all the preparations for us. I was pleased with the service I must say.

I am fan a of Korean chopsticks and spoon. Iba siya from the rest.

That Korean "peace" sign. Mali yata ako. Ehehe

Kimchi yo? lol

We were served first with hot green tea which is awesome. I love green tea of any sort :)

what are you doing there kid?

First service is the appetizer which I think is common to all Korean restaurants. Served to us were kimchi (which I love), sweetened bean sprouts and pasta salad.  Though I am not pretty sure if this is limited though. Some Korean restos offer unlimited appetizers in Manila.

Kimchi!!!

kimchi overload!

Everything followed shortly. My sister did the ordering. She wanted us to taste the best sellers.

Fresh lettuce. Amazingly crispy.


fresh meat sizzles

My pamangkins love eating here. They enjoy grilling meat. Of course with the supervision of adult :)

Huwaaaah?!

When I eat in Korean resto, I usually put everything inside the lettuce - the meat, kimchi and other appetizers. Sometimes I also put rice. And, oh! That spicy and tasty red paste (gochugang). That's the most addicting paste of all :D  


Gorgeous Kimchi stew! I...love...it! [Kimchi Tchigae]

I love how the kimchi stew was served. It was hot and spicy indeed. The vegetables and the tofu were fresh. Kimchi fans would love this one.

Jajangmyeon. It's a Korean noodle topped with black soybean paste, meat and vegetables.

I love Jajamyeon's thickness and consistency. It's a like their version of our pancit canton (not the ready to cook one).

Generous serving.

Korean style steamed egg

Korean style steamed egg is good for kids who are usually choosy when it comes to food. Although I think is this best when served warm.

my nice doing her Oppa Gangnam Style

Bulgogi Dupbap

 It was a satisfying lunch! Anna had a great time too ;p

Oh hi there, Anna! ;p

By the way, serving is large, up to 2-3 persons. We had left overs, believe or not :D It's really best for group eat outs and bonding :) Who says eating Korean in Kuala Lumpur would cost you a fortune? :)


thumbs up!

BBQ Gangnam Style Korea
LG23 Low Yat Plaza, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Mon-Sun - 10AM-10PM
https://www.facebook.com/bbqkorea

No comments:

Post a Comment